Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's spring, turn on the sprinklers and get a weeks worth of rainfall.

So I go to turn on the sprinklers and I open the backflow valve instead of turning the water on, then when I figure it out I got the blackflow pumping water all over the place.  I had to shut the water off all over the property to get everything to drain far enough to find the stupid valve again.  I finally got the mess cleared up and everything working like it is supposed to.  Well it rained all day Sunday and the report says we'll have rain all week.

I'm hoping that I don't drown the lawn, but soaking the ground up real good in a few places will do some good.  I have a bunch patches to replace and some places to thicken up, but the war against weeds will rage for a long time to come.  I got a dang good start on it this year and have some time under my belt fighting these bad boys so I expect good results this time around.  Each season things get a little bit nicer, I have big plans for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment