Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Apple unveils iPhone 4s

The rumors and speculation can be put to rest again now that the big A has finished their latest iOS event.  Not much came as a surprise, new hardware similar to what is in the iPad 2 and a 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video.
One uknown that was answered was wether or not Sprint was going to get in on the iPhone action.  In case you missed it, the answer is yes and the iPhone 4s will be a world phone with both CDMA and GSM capability.  Carrier locking is unclear at this point but my guess is that there will be something for the CDMA side if only an ESN database for each carrier like what exisits now.
The current iPhone 4 will still be offered in an 8 gb model, and the 4s will come in 16, 32, and a new 64 gig capacity.  The 4s will also support HSPA so there is a minor speed boost there for the AT&T faithful.
Overall I would say its a decent improvement, but not enough for me to wait in line to order one.  I'll hold out to see what comes in the next round with LTE support and maybe a slightly larger screen size.

3 comments:

  1. It's all over the news, but thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly all of whatever you claim happens to be supprisingly accurate and that makes me wonder the reason why I had not looked at this with this light before. This article really did switch the light on for me personally as far as this specific subject goes. Nevertheless at this time there is actually one particular point I am not necessarily too comfy with so whilst I make an effort to reconcile that with the core theme of the issue, permit me observe what all the rest of your subscribers have to say.Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete