Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fanboy Confessions Part 2

In this post I would like to elaborate on some of the great things I have found in Android and some capabilities that were new to me.

First of all pictures and video can automatically upload to Picasa and be made available to post on Google+ at any time. You not only get a cloud based backup, but instant sharing right from your device

Google Music (still in Beta) is awesome. After you get your library uploaded you can stream your inter collection from anywhere, as well as download songs to your device to keep a local copy. I was surprised to find that this also recognized my entire Audio Book Library

Doubletwist is fantastic if you pay the 5 bucks to get the wifi syncing capability, if it is in iTunes i can transfer it wirelessly right to my phone. Individual songs or play  lists. This has prompted me to clean up my collection a bit and get some play lists together for certain situation

Widgets throw quick at a glance info and the ability to post to social networks in a flash. You can also see various social network updates right from the contacts profile.

You literally have thousands of options to add to you home screens and not a single one of them has to have an icon showing. You can actually SEE your backgrounds and wallpapers and the live wallpapers are really cool if you don't mind the battery drain.

You can also block callers and contacts, something you can't do on iOS without a jailbreak. This can be handy for those annoying sales calls and credit card offers.

ScoreMobile is the best score app I have ever seen, I love it and get updates about what I went as they come in.

The notification system is as neat as it can be, and I love the ability to have a contacts widget with my frequent callers and totally customizable..

I can stream content on my phone to the DLNA boxes in my home and control them from with in the phone. I had thought of buying Apple TV boxes to do this, but now I have no need and can keep the system I have in place and not have to retrain my wife on how to use them!

I can honestly say that there is nothing my Inspire can do that my iPhone could do and there are some features the iPhone just can't match up to. My only real regret is that I do not have a Front Facing Camera to skype with, but I can still do that from my Mac or my iPad.. My next Android will definateley have to have a FFC

For Part 3 I will fill you in on how I work my Blackberry into all of this along with my Playbook and iPad. Thanks for reading and I look forward to the next article.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment